Want to take your home cooking or green thumb skills to the next level? The AeroGarden Harvest and AeroGarden Harvest Elite are two types of the same product line that have got your back. These indoor hydroponic gardening systems allow you to grow your own fresh herbs and vegetables, giving your meals a burst of flavor that store-bought produce just can’t match. Plus, with their sleek designs and easy-to-use controls, both items make gardening a breeze. Join the indoor growing revolution and reap the fruits of labor-efficient gardening!
Before we jump right into comparing the aforementioned devices, let’s clear up the concept of hydroponics. In essence, it’s a method of growing plants without soil, where the green’s roots are suspended in a nutrient-rich solution. This liquid is circulated to the roots using a pump or other hydroponic system. The greenery absorbs the necessary nutrients directly from the solution, allowing for faster development and better overall health.
This method closely monitors and controls the pH level, temperature, and nutrient levels to create the ideal growing conditions for each plant species. This technology also eliminates the need for pesticides and herbicides, as herbs and vegetables are grown in a sterile environment, reducing the risk of disease and pests.
One of the most creative advantages of hydroponics is the ability to tend to greens in unconventional environments, such as in urban areas, deserts, and even on spacecraft. This modern methodology also increases crop yields, saves water, and reduces soil erosion. Additionally, it makes year-round growing not only possible but hassle-free too, thus being an efficient and sustainable way of food production.
AeroGarden Harvest Base and 360
The AeroGarden Harvest is an indoor hydroponic gardening gadget designed to provide optimal growing conditions for plants. Greenery needs specific factors to thrive, such as the right amount of light, water, nutrients, and air circulation. For example, the AeroGarden Harvest 360 and other similar models are developed to provide these conditions in a compact, easy-to-use package that can be used in any home or office.
The device uses innovative technology to grow plants in a self-contained system that provides everything greens need to grow, including water, nutrients, and light.
Are you into aesthetics? Then you’ll appreciate the AeroGarden Harvest Slim which has a sleek and modern appearance that is perfect for any kitchen or living space. It comes in a variety of colors and is compact enough to fit on any countertop. The dimensions of it are 10.75″ W x 11.25″ D x 15″ H, so it suits narrow corners or crowded spaces. It also has a powerful 20-watt LED grow light that provides full-spectrum lighting, which is essential for continuous plant development.
The popular AeroGarden Harvest 360 and later models have a capacity of six pods, so you can maintain several different herbs or vegetables at once. Due to its smart structure, it’s suitable for a variety of plants, including lettuce, basil, parsley, dill, mint, and even chili peppers. Plus, the product comes with a starter kit that includes everything you need to get started, including seed pods, nutrients, and a grow light.
All items are made from high-quality materials that are built to last. They have a durable plastic body and a stainless-steel grow deck that is rust-resistant and easy to clean. The grow deck is also removable, which makes it simple to replace plants or clean up any spills or debris.
AeroGarden Harvest Elite Models
As its name suggests too the AeroGarden Harvest Elite is the more advanced version of former models, offering a range of enhanced features and benefits to meet the demands of modern gardeners. Let’s compare AeroGarden Harvest vs Harvest Elite according to their individual characteristics.
Both devices share similar looks with an elegant, minimalistic appearance that will complement any home décor. The Harvest Elite, however, is slightly larger than its predecessor, with dimensions of 11.5″ W x 8″ D x 15″ H, compared to 10.5″ W x 4.5″ D x 11″ H for the base model.
One of the most significant differences between them is the display and control mechanism. While both the simple and 360 versions have a push-button control system, the Elite features an LCD screen that provides more detailed information and options.
Moreover, the LCD screen allows users to monitor their plants’ growth progress and adjust settings accordingly. With this excellent product, you receive information on water levels, nutrient status, and lighting schedules, making it easier to keep track of your green’s needs.
One feature that sets the AeroGarden Harvest Elite apart from earlier devices is its vacation mode. This feature enables you to set your artificial garden to a specific status that will maintain optimal growing conditions for up to two weeks, even if you are away from home.
Both the AeroGarden Harvest and Harvest Elite come with a range of other features that make indoor gardening easier and more enjoyable. They are both equipped with LED grow lights, which give an adequate amount of light for photosynthesis, as well as a system that alerts users when it’s time to add food.
The newer version also comes with a larger water tank that lets you go longer between refills. Additionally, it includes a gourmet herb seed kit, giving you a head start on growing a range of fresh herbs right in your own home.
The initial herb starter kit contains six seed pods of Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil, and Mint. These botanicals are carefully selected for their ability to thrive in the device and provide a wide range of flavors and aromas to enhance any dish.
In addition, the manufacturer offers a variety of other seed pod kits too, like salad greens and cherry tomatoes. However, if you feel creative, you can always make your own DIY seed pods using an AeroGarden Grow Anything Kit.
- User-friendly: The appliance is designed to be simple to use, even for those who are new to gardening. Its uncomplicated control panel and LED lighting simplify the setup and maintenance process, enabling anyone to grow fresh herbs and vegetables at home.
- Space-saving: The compact build makes it an ideal choice even for kitchenettes or other confined areas. Just place it conveniently on a worktop or table and enjoy all-day access to growth control with the tap of a finger.
- Year-round gardening: Regardless of the weather outside, you are free to grow different kinds of herbs and veggies all year round! This means you can enjoy fresh produce even during the winter months.
- Economical: By growing your own produce, you eventually save money in the long run as it eliminates the need to purchase expensive plants and seeds from the grocery store or nursery.
- Health benefits: The gadget offers numerous health advantages, as your home-grown produce is free from pesticides and other harmful chemicals. It’s an excellent way to improve your overall health and well-being.
- Expensive solution: Even though it’s a long-term investment, the product is definitely not a cheap instant purchase compared to other indoor gardening systems.
- Limited capacity: The size of the device is relatively small, meaning that it can only accommodate a limited number of plants at a time. This may not be sufficient for larger families or those who want to manage a wider variety of greenery.
- Electric-dependent and noisy: The AeroGarden Harvest requires electricity to operate, which can be a disadvantage for those who want to reduce their energy consumption or who live in areas with frequent power outages. Additionally, the sound of the water pump may be bothersome, especially if it is placed in a bedroom or other quiet space.
- Convenience: The Aerogarden Harvest Elite takes just a moment to set up and manage. It is equipped with a control panel that allows you to customize light and water settings, so it’s a convenient choice for beginners.
- Quiet pump: The latest appliances feature a newly designed, quieter pump compared to older versions of the same product. This pump delivers water and nutrients to your plants efficiently, without making any distracting noise.
- Efficient LED lighting: The LED grow light of the Harvest Elite mimics natural sunlight perfectly, so your plants grow faster and healthier. Plus, the lights are also energy-efficient and can be adjusted to suit different types of greens.
- High-Yield harvests: Thanks to its smart lighting and hydroponic technology, the item easily handles up to six plants at a time. It offers higher yields as opposed to traditional gardening methods, allowing you to enjoy fresh produce throughout the year.
- Smart features: The Elite model comes with a range of smart features, including reminders for when to add water and nutrients, as well as automatic on/off controls. These factors ensure that your greenery gets the right amount of food for them to thrive.
- Bright light: It is important to keep in mind that the lights on Elite and its varieties are extremely bright and can be disruptive to your sleep if the unit is located near rooms where you relax or unwind. The device uses powerful grow bulbs that emit a significant amount of light, which could potentially interfere with your sleep quality. Therefore, it is recommended to keep it away from quiet areas to avoid any possible disturbances to your rest.
- Costly bulbs: The unit requires special bulbs that some may find expensive to replace, especially if used frequently. While these LED bulbs last longer than their traditional counterparts, their initial cost might be a barrier for some users.
- Specific water requirement: The apparatus requires a specific type of water and tap water may not be suitable due to its mineral content or chlorine levels, which can harm plants. Therefore, you may need to purchase distilled or filtered water at an additional cost.
Picture this: you’re about to embark on a much-needed holiday, but as you’re packing your bags, you can’t help but worry about your beloved greens back home. Will they get enough light and water? Will they wilt away without your loving care? Enter vacation mode, one of the most revolutionary and useful features of the AeroGarden Harvest Elite, 360, and Slim products.
With just a few taps of a button, you can rest easy knowing that your indoor oasis will be taken care of in your absence. The setting ensures that they receive the perfect amount of light and water, keeping them healthy and thriving until your return. And not only does vacation mode benefit your plants, but it also conserves energy and saves you money on your electricity bill. So, pack your bags and hit the road with peace of mind, knowing that your AeroGarden Harvest Elite has got your herbs and vegetables covered!
Absolutely! Without a doubt, these apparatuses are excellent investments for any home cook or gardening enthusiast. Imagine having a bountiful garden of fresh herbs, salad greens, and cherry tomatoes right at your fingertips, no matter the season or weather outside. Regardless of whether the Base or Elite models suit your needs better, with their easy-to-use control panel and built-in LED lights, they make gardening much more accessible and fun.
Read and chose Best seeds for Indoor Hydroponic Garden
Indoor gardening has never been more convenient or exciting than with the AeroGarden Harvest and AeroGarden Harvest Elite. Say goodbye to weather-related setbacks and enjoy your own little thriving haven anytime, anywhere. With their contemporary aesthetics and intuitive interfaces, these units offer an ideal blend of form and function. In addition, let’s not forget the added benefit of reducing your carbon footprint by growing your own produce. So, go ahead and indulge in the joys of homegrown goodness with these amazing products – your taste buds and the environment will thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does AeroGarden Harvest vs AeroGarden Harvest Elite come with wi-fi?
No. Unfortunately, neither item has built-in wi-fi to make remote control possible. This is a function yet to be added to upcoming models to allow for maximum control over plants.
How long do AeroGarden Harvest seed pods last?
The Seed Pod Kits undergo germination testing and have a one-year expiry date. To maximize the chances of seed germination, it is advised to store any extra kits in a cool, dark, and dry place, which will help maintain the dormant state of the seeds until they are ready to be planted in the unit. A popular method is storing them in an airtight container or bag in the vegetable drawer of a refrigerator.
How long does it take for plants to germinate in the AeroGarden Harvest?
Plants have varying germination and growth periods. Based on previous observations, these are the typical germination timeframes: flowers usually take around 7-12 days to germinate, salads generally need 5-8 days, herbs approximately 5-15, and fruit and vegetables require about 7-14 days.
What is a Grow Anything Kit?
The Grow Anything Kits provide an opportunity to grow a diverse selection of seeds in the gadget, like snap peas, cucumbers, or wildflowers. Planting your own seeds or cuttings can be an experimental process, so you can figure out which greens you find the most joy in.